Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ole Miss student off-campus housing?

Ignore the previous post. You can't trust those sites for reviews because they are usually rigged by management but you can visit each individual complex's websites to find out about pricing, ammenities and pictures. I'm a student here at Ole Miss and I can tell you from experience, you will have the time of your life here regardless of where you live. I live at Lexington Pointe and I love it because they are pretty big and are also really close to campus. It all depends on what your looking for though and also what you are willing to pay. We pay $859 per month in our 2 bedroom apt. If you are looking for more of a college oriented apt complex, I would look at The Connection, University Trails, Campus Creek, or Laffayette place. They are full of college students and you should be able to meet tons of people just living there. Most of these places will randomly choose a roommate for you if you do not have a preference and usually go for about $400 - $500 per month with utilities. Like I said at the beginning, no matter where you live, you will make friends. Were all very friendly down here and people seem to be somewhat drawn into foreign students. I would strongly recommend comming down atleast 2 weeks in advance if you want to find an apartment in oxford. To get you started, stay at the Downtown Oxford Inn while your searching for housing, and eat at Ajax. Best advice I can give you. Go out to the clubs in the square and you will meet alot of people. If you have anymore questions or you need anything when you arrive, you are more than welcome to email me at mdbolewa@olemiss.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment