Friday, July 15, 2011

How to get rid of/stop getting blisters caused by running?

I jog a few miles every day. I have some tennis shoes that I've used for about a year and they seem to fit well, so its not that I'm getting blisters from breaking in new tennis shoes. I know it's about time to get new running shoes anyways, which I've been meaning to do but just haven't gotten around to it yet. But this has been happening for years now, even when I had different shoes. So I don't get it. They dont hurt very much when I'm running, unless its a previous blister that I tried to pop or something. They're more like pressure blisters, like on the sides of my big toes there's blood blisters that are underneath what is now thick callous. So even though my body is getting accustomed to it somewhat, the blisters keep happening! I also get water blisters on the back of my heels. And blood blisters near the bottom of my toenails sometimes. Same story, the blisters start to become more calloused, but why do they keep happening? How can I prevent and/or treat this problem? Is there a certain kind of running shoe I should get that may help? It makes my feet look so ugly too. I really hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment